Beware of “copyright infringement” scam message like this one

We just received this spam message, and want to warn everyone:

The content goes like this:

Hello!
My name is Melissa.
Your website or a website that your company hosts is infringing on a copyright-protected images owned by myself.
Take a look at this document with the links to my images you used at topicnews.io and my earlier publications to get the evidence of my copyrights.
Download it now and check this out for yourself:

https://sites.google.com/view/nffhu49vheodjjw/drive/storage/s/files/download****** (It’s a virus or a malware, DO NOT Click!!!)

I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) therein.

This letter is official notification. I seek the removal of the infringing material referenced above. Please take note as a service provider, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires you, to remove or disable access to the infringing materials upon receipt of this notice. If you do not cease the use of the aforementioned copyrighted material a lawsuit will be commenced against you.

I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Best regards,
Melissa Brown
05/11/2021

Well, we swear that this person should check before she sent out spam! Because all of our content is legally quoted and sourced with creative comments.

The purpose is to scam you to download a virus, so watch out for this kind of email. Do not interact with the content!

11 thoughts on “Beware of “copyright infringement” scam message like this one

• I got this message on my company website today, and did a search to see how prolific it is. Thanks for getting the word out!

• Received today. Very glad to see the warning posts here.

• I got

“My name is Regina.

Your website or a website that your organization hosts is infringing on a copyrighted images owned by myself.”

GOOGLE DRIVE LINK

In my opinion you have willfully infringed my legal rights under 17 U.S.C. Sec. 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damage as high as $150,000 as set forth in Sec. 504 (c) (2) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) therein.

This message is official notification. I demand the removal of the infringing materials described above. Please take note as a service provider, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires you, to remove or disable access to the infringing data upon receipt of this particular notice. In case you do not stop the use of the aforementioned copyrighted materials a court action will likely be commenced against you.

I do have a strong faith belief that utilization of the copyrighted materials referenced above as presumably infringing is not approved by the legal copyright proprietor, its agent, as well as legislation.

I swear, under consequence of perjury, that the information in this letter is accurate and that I am the legal copyright proprietor or am authorized to act on behalf of the proprietor of an exclusive and legal right that is allegedly infringed.

Best regards,
    Regina King

• Exactly the same words, just different names.

• They send these messages to one of my customers sites about three times a month, I got worried and replied to them directly asking to point out which image they argued it is copyright so I would take note and research, never replied.

Thanks to this and other sites I found out it was a scam

• Yup, it’s a scam.

• I’ve gotten about 100 of these… How do I stop them?

• Hi, you need to block the spam IP, or simply use a anti-spam plugin, depending on the CMS you have.

• Today I received , Very glad to see the warning posts here.
    My name is Ann.

Your website or a website that your organization hosts is infringing on a copyright protected images owned by me personally.

Check out this official document with the hyperlinks to my images you used and my earlier publications to get the evidence of my copyrights.

Download it right now and check this out for yourself:

I do believe you’ve intentionally infringed my rights under 17 USC Section 101 et seq. and can be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set-forth in Section 504 (c)(2) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) therein.

This message is official notification. I demand the elimination of the infringing materials referenced above. Please take note as a service provider, the Dmca requires you, to remove and/or terminate access to the copyrighted materials upon receipt of this particular letter. In case you don’t stop the use of the above mentioned copyrighted materials a legal action will be started against you.

I have a strong self-belief that use of the copyrighted materials referenced above as allegedly infringing is not permitted by the legal copyright proprietor, its legal agent, as well as law.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the legal copyright proprietor or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive and legal right that is allegedly violated.

Sincerely,
    Ann Hoover
    06/08/2021

• Hi, thanks for sharing. Your link is even more vicious, it’s a kind of APP connection approval, will give away your google account authority or something similar.
      Let’s build awareness for everyone.

• Check out another spam fraud!
    ————————————————————

Sent via form submission from Alpine Aerial

Name: Chanathip Dege

Email Address: Degehd863@gmail.com

Subject: Attn: http://www.alpine-aerial.com DMCA Copyright Violation Notice

Message: Hello there!

My name is Chanathip.

Your website or a website that your company hosts is violating the copyrighted images owned by myself.

Check out this doc with the hyperlinks to my images you utilized at http://www.alpine-aerial c** and my earlier publication to obtain the proof of my copyrights.

Download it right now and check this out for yourself:

I believe you’ve intentionally violated my rights under 17 USC Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damage of up to $130,000 as set forth in Sec. 504 (c) (2) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) therein.

This message is official notice. I demand the removal of the infringing materials described above. Please take note as a service provider, the DMCA requires you, to eliminate and deactivate access to the infringing materials upon receipt of this particular notification letter. If you don’t cease the utilization of the above mentioned copyrighted materials a lawsuit will likely be started against you.

I have a good self-belief that utilization of the copyrighted materials mentioned above as presumably infringing is not authorized by the copyright proprietor, its agent, or the law.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this letter is accurate and that I am currently the legal copyright proprietor or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive and legal right that is allegedly violated.

Best regards,